This beauty came to me for a clean-up after previous tech had done some messy maintenance inside.
Here’s a list what had to be done:
* Removal of messy tag strip wiring
* New artificial center tap resistors for heaters
* New “can” cap
* Bias trimmer installation
* Replaced some metal film resistors with carbon comp resistors to keep the original vibe and looks
* Removed wiring from ground switch and courtesy AC outlet
* Installed new rca connectors for the vibrato/reverb footswitch
* Thorough cleaning of pots&jacks, tightening nuts&bolts
Lots of work but totally worth it! I absolutely fell in love with this amp. It has one of the best clean/light crunchy tones I’ve ever heard and comes in such a lightweight package. Sound really fills the room! I would buy one in a heartbeat if these weren’t so damn rare and expensive nowadays. Fender started making reissues of this amp a while back and they just don’t sound the same.
More info & pics at Jucciz.com