If you’ve ever owned one of Marshall 1960a cabs and it has fallen while something is plugged in the back you’ve probably seen what can happen… Broken jacks and fractured panel. Shit. No sound and the gig starts in 1 hour.
First things first: I took out both jacks and replaced them with new ones. This cab has never been used in stereo so I decided to take out the switch completely and bypass it with jumpers. These switches start acting up when old anyway so this is a good mod. First input now serves as a 4ohm input and the other one as a 16ohm input. To fix the panel I used a lot of superglue… :) Taped over all the unnecessary holes and marked both inputs as clearly as I could so guitarists don’t get confused (they still do). Drilled some holes for new screws and voilà!